Frequently Asked Questions
If you have problems accessing the application, you have to refresh the page by pressing Control+F5 or Control+R.
CPNL has programmed an enrolment period in September for first term courses, another between December and January for the second term, and another between March and April for the third term. For summer intensive courses, enrolment is in June.
In order to guarantee the most suitable course, you must first do a placement test or bring a document certifying the level of Catalan you have reached. In the case of certain certificates, such as Advanced level 3 (C1) and Proficiency (C2), it is also advisable to take the test. These tests are free of charge and can be taken during the established enrolment period after previously registering.
The CPNL’s general courses are based on the Catalan language programmes of the Directorate-General for Language Policy (DGPL) of the government of Catalonia.
- Beginner level (A1)
- Basic level (A2)
- Elementary level (B1)
- Intermediate level (B2)
- Advanced level (C1)
- Proficiency level (C2)
The courses are offered face-to-face or online. The methodological approach of the courses is oriented towards the acquisition of proficient communication skills and task-based work. Students are required to overcome challenges with the support and guidance of their teacher
We offer courses throughout the territory
In order to guarantee the most suitable course, a placement test must be carried out beforehand. These tests are free of charge and can be taken during the established enrolment period after previously registering.
You can consult the general enrolment conditions for the Consortium’s general courses, the student guide and the enrolment period at the following link.
In order to enrol on the courses, the following requirements must be met:
be 18 years old, or 16-17 years old and not have completed compulsory schooling in Catalonia;
demonstrate the necessary level by means of the placement test or a Catalan language certificate.
Students may only enrol on the course that follows the last one passed or the course indicated by the placement test.
Students may only enrol on one general course, regardless of the modality, and under no circumstances may two courses be taken at the same time.
In order to be able to formalise the enrolment, it is essential to be up to date with the payment of previous enrolment fees.
To formalise the enrolment, you need to present the originals of the following supporting documents: DNI, NIE (or equivalent from the Schengen Area) or passport.
These criteria can be consulted in the section 6 Necessary documentation of the Regulations for Catalan courses available on the CPNL website.
The prices of all the Catalan courses offered by the Consortium for Language Normalisation can be consulted at course price list.
The prices include the student’s insurance: €1.50
They following people can apply for a 50% reduction:
- INSS pensioners or pensioners of the non-working population (retired pensioners, or pensioners with permanent, total or absolute disability)
- members of general category large families
- members of general category single-parent families
- people with a recognised disability of 33% or more
They following people can apply for a 70% reduction:
- unemployed people
- members of special category large families
- members of special category single-parent families
- victims of terrorist acts, their spouses and their children
- gender violence victims
- people in a precarious situation
The structure and sample exams are available on the CPNL website.
People interested in the Proficiency level (C2) who do not have an Advanced level certificate (C1) issued by the CPNL or the DGPL will be required to do a placement test.
Once the enrolment has been formalised, no changes of timetable or level will be admitted.
Changes of timetables will only be accepted in the event that after having enrolled, people enrol in an official educational centre (university, institute, school, etc.) and have a timetable that is incompatible with the course, or a student’s working hours change after the date of enrolment in the CNL.
A change of timetable or level will be accepted, in accordance with the following conditions:
- Requests for a change of timetable must be submitted to the CNL administrative services and must be accompanied by the corresponding supporting documents (photocopy of the official enrolment at an official educational centre or a certificate from the company certifying the change of working hours).
- The change will only be accepted if there are vacancies in the new timetable requested by a student. In the event that for a given course there are more applications than places, the order in which the applications were received will be taken into account.
- The change is definitive for the rest of the course.
- If a student changes to a course of the same level but with a different length, the CPNL will not refund the money if the cost of the new course is lower, and the student will be required to pay the difference if the amount is higher.
If a student is unable to continue attending class or follow an online course regularly, due to reasons related to work, studies, health, etc., they must cancel their enrolment so that they can re-enrol in any other enrolment period. This cancellation must be formalised in writing with the corresponding administrative services as soon as possible and, in all cases, no later than
15 calendar days after the last class attendance, or the last activity registered on an online course. In no case does this withdrawal imply a refund of the enrolment fee.
In the event that a cancellation is not formalised, people who have missed 12 hours of continuous attendance to a classroom course of 90 hours or more, or who have missed six hours of continuous attendance to a classroom course of 45 hours will be considered to have withdrawn from the course. In the case of online courses, students will be considered to have withdrawn from a course if they stop accessing the platform for 30
calendar days during a course.
If requirements are met, the refund of fees can be requested at any time within a four-year period. You can consult the cases that entitle you to a full or partial refund and access the procedure.