Text correction for entities
Communicate effectively Publish quality texts Write with confidence
The Language Advisory Service (SAL) guarantees the quality of communications and promotes users’ progressive language autonomy. Formed by a team of highly qualified experts, the service offers advice using a proprietary proofreading method and personalised attention.
Terms and conditions of use
- Only texts written in Catalan are proofread.
- The text must be sent by email, with the identification and contact details of the person requesting the review.
- The text must be in an editable electronic format.
- Before sending the text, a spell checker should be applied.
- The deadline for delivering the text will be agreed between the user and the SAL.
- The text will be returned, making reference to the changes and including the corresponding comments, where applicable.
- Whenever possible, the SAL will communicate with the person writing the text who, in all cases, will be sent the proofread text.
- Books, creative works, academic works and texts from educational institutions are not proofread. Typographical aspects, galley proofs and proofs are not checked either.
- Individual users and organisations should take into account the advice of the SAL. Otherwise, the CPNL will not be held responsible for the texts.
- Short texts up to a maximum of 1,600 words per week (equivalent to approximately four pages) are reviewed free of charge.
- Long texts are revised free of charge according to three criteria: the scope of the dissemination of the text is justified; if deemed appropriate by the Centre for Linguistic Normalisation, actions are carried out to promote the writer’s language autonomy; and there is a signed agreement.