Finalize Prove your level
Prove your level
To do a Catalan course at CPNL you must first prove your level.
- There are three ways of proving your level:
If you have already done a course with us at some point, we know your level. You don't need to do the placement test.
If you have never done a course with us, you must do a placement test. Consult the third option.
If you have an official certificate recognised by the Language Policy Secretariat, you do not need to do a placement test. Consult the official certificates.
If you do not have an official certificate, you must do a placement test. Consult the third option.
You have to do a placement test if you have:
- never done a course at the CPNL
- you don't have any official certificate that certifies your level of Catalan
- you have not taken a placement test at CPNL in the last two years
If one of these cases applies to you, you have to do a placement test to be able to enrol on a Catalan course.
- The aim of the placement test, which is valid for a maximum of 2 years, is to assign each student to the most appropriate course according to their level. Doing the test does not guarantee a place on the courses. The result of the test is not considered a language qualification.
- The test is free and can be done online or at the nearest test centre.
After proving your level, it will appear on the application form when you formalise your enrolment.