GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE COURSE
Understand and produce spoken texts and conversations in standard variety, in general and in detail, on any topic of general interest. Understand the main points of general information broadcast by the media. Learners will also learn how to write short texts in standard variety about everyday surroundings and the learning environment.
People who neither understand nor speak Catalan, who want to acquire the spoken skills to be able to relate to their surroundings or develop their professional tasks.
- Compare, indicate preferences and recommendations and explain why.
- Describe people and places.
- Narrate in the past tense.
- Explain tastes and opinions.
Write a note to: inform of an unforeseen event, give instructions, leave an order.
Grammar and vocabulary
- The noun: gender and number inflexion.
- Strong and weak personal pronouns: Direct and indirect object: possessive, interrogative, indefinite and adverbial.
- Determiners: articles, demonstrative, indefinite, numerals, quantifiers, comparative and distributive.
- Qualifying adjectives to describe people. Gender and number inflexion.
- Verbs: indicative mood (present, periphrastic preterite, indefinite preterite, perfect preterite, future and conditional), imperative mood and subjunctive mood.
- Verbal periphrasis of obligation and probability.
- Verbs semblar and assemblar-se.
- Verbs for giving advice.
- Non-personal verb forms.
- Copulative verbs.
- Adverbs and locutions of time, manner, order, place, quantity, affirmative, negative and possibility.
- Prepositions of place, of means or instrument, cause and substitution.
- Copulative, disjunctive, adversative, consecutive and time conjunctions.
During the course, students study all this content in an interrelated way.
Face-to-face and online.
Assessment is the sum of the course assessment (and, therefore, the evaluation of the work proposed by the teacher) plus the final mark of the achievement test.
To take the achievement test it is essential to have attended 75% of the classes or to have completed and passed the online course assignments.
Achievement (an official qualification equivalent to the certification of the Directorate General for Language Policy) and attendance.
For more information, see the regulations for Catalan courses.
For more information, see the: